Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/13 23:27:31 UTC

SMX 5 - some updates

Hi

I'm trying to perform some upgrades on Servicemix5. I have upgraded to
Karaf 2.3.3, Camel 2.12.3-SNAPSHOT, CXF 2.7.8 (see attached patches). I
haven't upgraded to ActiveMQ 5.9.0 (which is probably more compatible
with Camel 2.12.3-SNAPSHOT), because I have problems with SMX startup
after this change. I can start the new distribution, and I have
successfully tested some examples. But the itests have some problems
(but I could  successfully perform manual test of the features from the
failed itests). I'm getting errors like in itests-errors.txt when
building itests. I can send you the surefire reports and test log files
but the are big files. I can eventually open an JIRA issue.

Is it a problem with the test configuration or with not upgraded version
of ActiveMQ?  If not,  have you any quick idea if I have changed
something wrong?

Best regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak

JEE & OSS Architect | Technical Architect @ Capgemini
Capgemini <http://www.pl.capgemini.com/> | Software Solutions Center
<http://www.pl.capgemini-sdm.com/> | Wroclaw
e-mail: krzys.sobkowiak@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com> |
Twitter: @KSobkowiak

Re: SMX 5 - some updates

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I know this problem. But the actual ServiceMix 5 uses already
ActiveMQ 5.8 and the test cases work (ye, of course some of them are
ignored). But the same itests does not work after my changes. Probably
one of the new versions of bundles included in Karaf 2.3 cause the
problem (due to an issue not detected until now) or after my changes
some bundles are not compatible.

I tried to use Karaf 2.3.4-SNAPSHOT but the full bundle could not be
built due the issue in pax cdi feature (geronimo jpa spec has no version
in one feature)

Regards
Krzysztof

Re: SMX 5 - some updates