Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org> on 2003/03/10 09:45:52 UTC

Re: cvs commit: avalon-phoenix/src/script InstallPhoenix-NT.bat phoenix-wrapper.bash phoenix-wrapper.sh Phoenix.bat UninstallPhoenix-NT.bat

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:09, leif@apache.org wrote:
> leif        2003/03/10 00:09:05
>
>   Modified:    .        build.xml
>   Added:       src/script InstallPhoenix-NT.bat phoenix-wrapper.bash
>                         phoenix-wrapper.sh Phoenix.bat
>                         UninstallPhoenix-NT.bat
>   Log:
>   Get platform dependent builds which include the Wrapper working.

Would it be possible for us to download the wrapper distribution and get these
files from within that distribution rather than storing them in Avalon CVS?
If need be we can always do filter copying to change the internal strings. It
will just make it easier to evolve with different versions of wrapper.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: Updated the Phoenix build to produce Wrapper enabled release targets.

Posted by Johan Sjöberg <jo...@avaintec.com>.

Leif Mortenson wrote:
> Peter Donald wrote:

> But as is, you should now be able to run "ant get-wrapper" and then "ant
> dist" on Windows,
> Linux, Solaris, AIX, or HP-UX and get a platform specific release with
> the Java Service
> Wrapper fully integrated.   For other platforms, you will have to run
> the Wrapper build from
> src.  Please let me know of any problems encountered doing so and I'll
> get the fixes into
> the Wrapper release.

Great work Leif! I'll try to test the build ASAP, but from just looking
at build.xml it looks very good. You obviously have no problem building
the Wrapper on Solaris anymore... great!

//
Johan

Updated the Phoenix build to produce Wrapper enabled release targets.

Posted by Leif Mortenson <le...@tanukisoftware.com>.
Peter Donald wrote:

>Would it be possible for us to download the wrapper distribution and get these
>files from within that distribution rather than storing them in Avalon CVS?
>If need be we can always do filter copying to change the internal strings. It
>will just make it easier to evolve with different versions of wrapper.

Still doing some final testing with the build on Linux.  Will have that
done tonight.

But as is, you should now be able to run "ant get-wrapper" and then "ant
dist" on Windows,
Linux, Solaris, AIX, or HP-UX and get a platform specific release with
the Java Service
Wrapper fully integrated.   For other platforms, you will have to run
the Wrapper build from
src.  Please let me know of any problems encountered doing so and I'll
get the fixes into
the Wrapper release.

It is also possible to run 'ant dist-lite-wrapper' for local development
builds which include
the wrapper.

These new builds now include scripts which can be used to launch the
Wrapper without
having to know anything about the Wrapper or its command line syntax.

Please see http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org for more info on the Java
Service Wrapper.

Cheers,
Leif