Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Shane Dell <sh...@apache.org> on 2022/08/15 21:25:18 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil VS Code 1.1.0-rc2

Hello all,I'd like to call a vote to release Apache Daffodil VS Code 1.1.0-rc2.

All distribution packages, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/daffodil/daffodil-vscode/1.1.0-rc2/

This release has been signed with PGP key
86DDE7B41291E380237934F007570D3ADC76D51B, corresponding
to shanedell@apache.org, which is included in the KEYS file here:
https://downloads.apache.org/daffodil/KEYS

The release candidate has been tagged in git with 1.1.0-rc2.

For reference, here is a list of all closed GitHub issues tagged with 1.1.0:
https://github.com/apache/daffodil-vscode/milestone/2?closed=1

Please review and vote. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours
(Thursday, 18 August 2022, 5:30pm EST).

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thank you,

- Shane Dell

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil VS Code 1.1.0-rc2

Posted by Shane Dell <sh...@apache.org>.
+1 binding. For me I was able to successfully debug multiple different schemas like ethernet
and pcap. I was also able to successfully test out the initial omega-edit client, believe it is a
good first implementation of the client. I do agree with Steve and Mike on there points for items
that can be added or fixed, believe these will be added as issues in GitHub and added to
another milestone.

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Mike Beckerle <mb...@apache.org>.
+1 from me.

I did not examine this release for any of the formal requirements
(licenses, depenency info, etc.).

I just looked at it from functional QA perspective.

I installed and tested this on the PCAP schema from github DFDLSchemas.
This requires a component schema which is also at DFDLSchemas ethernetIP.

You must clone both, and for ethernetIP you must 'sbt publishLocal'

Then, after some launch.json trickery, I was able to enjoy debugging this,
stepping in all parts of it, breakpointing anywhere in it, etc.

Separate email I'll try to capture a few nits I observed that aren't worth
including right here.

I want to try this on some bigger schemas I'm working on, and on
mil-std-2045 schema (also on github). But those require the bleeding edge
daffodil 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT, so I need instructions on how to run the vscode
debugger and point it at my own server from my daffodil build.

The launch.json I used is attached in case anyone wants to see how I did
this