Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com> on 2001/01/03 16:57:34 UTC

ConvolveMatrix Bridge Questions

Hi all,

   I'm getting ready to check in my work from the end of last year.

   This includes a small bug fix for BackgroundEnable as well as an
almost complete implementation of ConvolveMatrix (doesn't implement
bias!=0.0, or edgeMode=wrap).

   In the processes of updating my workspace I noticed that an attempt
has been made to 'rationalize' the constants in SVGConstants, however I
don't seem to be able to sort out what the rationalization is :).

   In particular it appears that ATTR_<XXX> is going to
SVG_<XXX>_ATTRIBUTE.  While this seems to have largely been done it
certainly has not been carried the whole way through.  Is this due to
the fact that it's a lot of work and it just hasn't been finished or
is there an attempt to draw distinction between the two that I am not
aware of.

   If it is the former (we just haven't finished the change) what should
I do with my bridge?

  1) Use what is there currently
  2) Update the attributes I use
     2a) If someone else (bridge or what ever) uses the same attribute
         should I update that bridge as well, or leave it alone?
  3) Tell me what the distinction is and I'll abide

   Just looking for direction, before I step in a big pile of
Shhhaving cream.