Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jon Yeargers <jo...@cedexis.com> on 2017/05/25 16:41:55 UTC

"... since it is no longer fetchable"

Attempting to run a KStream app and seeing lots of this sort of error
message:

> Resuming partition <topic>-#
> Pausing partition <topic>-#
> Not returning fetched records for assigned partition <topic>-# since it
is no longer fetchable

This cycles through all the partitions. It seems to get _some_ data from
the topic but clearly it's struggling. I've tried restarting each broker in
sequence and the logs aren't showing anything abnormal.

Using **kafkacat** I can see that there is lots of data available.

Re: "... since it is no longer fetchable"

Posted by Damian Guy <da...@gmail.com>.
Jon,

That is fine. KafkaStreams pauses fetching when its internal buffer is full
and will resume once there is space in the buffer. The "Not returning
fetched..." message will be logged because consumption of that partition
has been paused.

Thanks,
Damian