Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/26 16:07:19 UTC

[ALL] MD5 hashes should not be used for future releases

As per the release distribution policy:

https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums

new releases should not use MD5; they should use a SHA hash instead.

I've updated the build plugin, and hopefully it can be released soon.

However in the meantime one can use the updated version as follows:

$ mvn org.apache.commons:commons-build-plugin:1.8-SNAPSHOT:download-page

Please report any issues you find.

Note that existing releases don't have to be fixed.

S.

Re: [ALL] MD5 hashes should not be used for future releases

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 26 March 2018 at 20:45, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebb,
>
> Thanks for the update. Do you have time to push out a release of the plugin?

Perhaps, but it's not strictly necessary as the plugin is only used to
update a source file that can be manually maintained.
Of course, a release would make it easier to use the updated plugin.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebb,