Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Vlachogiannis Evangelos <ev...@aegean.gr> on 2004/12/06 12:14:07 UTC

Problem on testing J2

 Hi all,

I have just downloaded J2 binary ver. While I am running tomcat I am getting some exceptions that do not allow me to view non-java and third party portlets. I then tried to login .. I guessed right the password;) but it asked me to change that. Then I got the following exception which do not allow me to experience the "logged in ver".

org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not create OJB transaction; nested exception is org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.Lookup
Exception: SQLException thrown while trying to get Connection from Datasource (j
ava:comp/env/jdbc/jetspeed)

Any suggestions please?

Thnx,
Vangelis

---

Re: Problem on testing J2

Posted by Roger Ruttimann <ro...@apache.org>.
The non-java and third party portlets have other dependencies (perl,php
engines or other components) and fail for that reason.
I agree some more documentation is needed how to run these portlets.

The login which asks you to changes the password is a problem with HSQL.
MySQL and other databases just work fine.

About the error: Did you start the database (HSQL requires to be started
e.g $TOMCAT_HOME/jetspeed-database/start-database.sh)?

Roger