Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Boris Galitsky <bg...@hotmail.com> on 2012/01/25 22:05:31 UTC

status of opennlp.tools.coref component

Hi guys

  As a next step for machine learning of parse trees I would need to include coreference information.
  Right now when I compute similarity between two paragraphs, I just do pair-wise generalization of each sentence from first paragraph against each sentence of sentence paragraph, asif they are independent.
  As the next step to develop the theory (and practice) of syntactic generalization is to include coreference info. Now instead of finding a set of maximum common sub-trees of a pair of parse trees for two sentences, I try to find a set of maximum common sub-graphs (sub-forest) for a forest of parse trees for a first paragraph and for a second paragraph.
  I suggest we call it 'coreference forest'.
  Any code samples on how can I use opennlp.tools.coref for that? There are no tests although code is decently commented.
RegardsBoris