Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Kevin Palmer <ke...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/14 04:07:47 UTC

Cordova http request

I am working on an android TV project with the android emulator.

Im really at a loss here.  I simply cannot get a http request to work with cordova on the android tv emulator.

I tried all the recommendations on your website.  Ive also scoured the internet and adjusted the whitelisting of the config.xml  and the index.html with the meta tag in the project folder. I always get this error no matter what I do.

I verified the url and everything.  Ive tried the regular XMLHttp request, and $.ajax with every possibility.  Ive tried everything on Android side.  Updating the SDK, the sdks tools, the plugin etc.

Can you help?  Please and thank you.  Kevin.  The url is www.ucg.org/api/v1.0

Re: Cordova http request

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
Is the Android TV Emulator connected to the Internet? The error is
indicating that it can't resolve the URL, which tells me that the emulator
is probably not working correctly.  If you can't get DNS resolution, that's
the first thing to check.