Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Sunitha Kumar <su...@cisco.com> on 2001/10/19 20:45:08 UTC

Leaks in 2.0.16 beta

Folks,
I saw these were fixed in 2.0.18 ( in the Changes file), How can I get
these fixes, individually.
thanks,

Fixed potential FILE* leak in http_main.c [Ben Laurie]

Don't leak the DIR * on HEAD request for a directory. [Robert Thau]

Create Files, and thus MMAPs, out of the request pool, not the
     connection pool.  This solves a small resource leak that had us
     not closing files until a connection was closed.  In order to do
     this, at the end of the core_output_filter, we loop through the
     brigade and convert any data we have into a single HEAP bucket
     that we know will survive clearing the request_rec.
     [Ryan Bloom, Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com>,
      Cliff Woolley]

--
Sunitha Kumar
http://www.cisco.com

Re: Leaks in 2.0.16 beta

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Sunitha Kumar <su...@cisco.com> writes:

> Greg,
> Thanks much for your response.
> I looked through the Changes file for 2.0.16 beta, and there are no
> dates there, apart from older release dates. Are there other pointers?
> Also, where can I find the archives of commits?

Here is what I would do:

1) go through the change log for CHANGES to see the date that stuff was
   committed

   http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/CHANGES

2) go through the changes archive for that month, at the location
   below, to find the entire patch which contained that CHANGES entry

   http://httpd.apache.org/mail/cvs/

But there is no guarantee that it was in one commit, or that somebody
didn't have to tweak some of it three weeks later.  (I have no idea
about this fix; that is just a general warning that it is not always
trivial to pick up a given fix.)

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: Leaks in 2.0.16 beta

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Sunitha Kumar wrote:

> I looked through the Changes file for 2.0.16 beta, and there are no
> dates there, apart from older release dates. Are there other pointers?

You have to go through the CVS logs for the CHANGES file and see when each
CHANGES entry was committed.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/CHANGES?annotate=HEAD

> Also, where can I find the archives of commits?

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-cvs&r=1&w=2

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA

Re: Leaks in 2.0.16 beta

Posted by Sunitha Kumar <su...@cisco.com>.
Greg,
Thanks much for your response.
I looked through the Changes file for 2.0.16 beta, and there are no
dates there, apart from older release dates. Are there other pointers?
Also, where can I find the archives of commits?

thanks,
sunitha

Re: Leaks in 2.0.16 beta

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.