Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io> on 2019/08/26 15:20:14 UTC

How to increase ZIP bomb maximum depth

Hello,

I've been looking around to increase the limit, but i don't seem to be able to find how. I know there the setter for it, but using AutoDetectParser, i'd like to set it via tika-config. I haven't seen a parameter for tika-config that would set that value and the manual on Configuring Tika doesn't mention it.

Many thanks,
Markus

Re: How to increase ZIP bomb maximum depth

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
Hi Markus,

  This requires some work...the zip bomb protections are currently
handled by the handler.  We allow for configuration of the parsers,
detectors, charset detectors, but not yet the handlers.  IIRC, we've
talked a bit about specifying a custom handler via the commandline at
least in tika-server.  I wonder if we should allow for a default
handler configuration that would specify a handler to be used by the
facade Tika.parse(inputStream)?

  Fellow devs have any recommendations?

  How are you currently calling Tika?  Via tika-server, Solr's DIH or
something else?

          Best,

                Tim