Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Mike Witters <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/15 20:13:26 UTC

Does Apache SOAP conform to SOAP 1.1 spec?

Hi.

I am wondering if Apache conforms to the SOAP 1.1 specification.  I realize
that the documentation indicates that it follows it, but I dont know if that
means its 100% compliant.  I am having a few difficulties with a test that I
have written.  I'm thinking its just that I am misunderstanding what the
spec is trying to say...so Im hoping someone can clarify for me.

I get errors if I don't use namespaces on a SOAP Message.  In the spec when
defining the Envelope element, I see that it says:

'The element MAY contain namespace declarations as well as additional
attributes'

As far as I can see by looking at the code on the MessageRouterServlet, the
envelope MUST contain namespace information or it will blow up.

The same thing holds true for the Body element:

'The element MAY contain a set of body entries each being an immediate child
element of the SOAP Body element. Immediate child elements of the SOAP Body
element MAY be namespace-qualified. SOAP defines the SOAP Fault element,
which is used to indicate error messages '

Again it says 'MAY' be namespace qualified but the MessageRouterServlet
blows up without the namespace.

for example, something like this works:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
	<ns1:getAvailabilityMessage xmlns:ns1="urn:mpd:availabilityMessage">
 	</ns1:getAvailabilityMessage> </SOAP-ENV:Body> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

whereas something like this doesnt

<Envelope>
<Body>
	<getAvailabilityMessage>
 	</getAvailabilityMessage>
</Body>
</Envelope>

Apache implementation to Apache implementation, there are no problems.  But
Im trying to respond to an XML message request from Biztalk and it has no
namespace info.

Anyone got any clarification on what the spec means or options on the
servlet I can set to change it?  Or will I have to have the folks with the
Biztalk implementation make some changes or change the code on the
MessageRouterServlet?

Thanks a lot

Mike