Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andy Hahn <an...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/21 20:29:50 UTC

session tracking in struts

I haven't seen many Struts1 questions since I have joined so hopefully this is the right place to be asking.

I am using Struts/Tomcat5.5 and I am using the pattern for session management where I have a BaseAction class with executeAction().  I can't remember the pattern name but hopefully you know what I'm referring to.  So this works great when cookies are enabled on a browser but when I disable cookies the session is no longer kept around.

Maybe this is a struts setting or maybe a tomcat setting.  From all I have read, it sounds like url rewriting should automatically happen but it isn't.  Any ideas?  Thanks..

RE: session tracking in struts

Posted by Andy <an...@hotmail.com>.
That did the trick.  I was using <html:form> everywhere but had some links that were not using <html:link>.

I changed to use <html:link page="/action.do">link</html:link> and I can see the jsessionid appended when I view source.  Thanks!

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/2/21, Andy Hahn <an...@hotmail.com>:
> I haven't seen many Struts1 questions since I have joined so hopefully this is the right place to be asking.

Yes it is :-)

>  I am using Struts/Tomcat5.5 and I am using the pattern for session management where I have a BaseAction class with executeAction().  I can't remember the pattern name but hopefully you know what I'm referring to.

Err... I don't know it :-(

>  So this works great when cookies are enabled on a browser but when I disable cookies the session is no longer kept around.
>
>  Maybe this is a struts setting or maybe a tomcat setting.  From all I have read, it sounds like url rewriting should automatically happen but it isn't.  Any ideas?

Just a shot in the dark: do you use *always" <html:form> and

Antonio