Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mr Smith <mr...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/10 13:07:28 UTC

Fault in parsing web service

Hi!

I'm trying to use a web service located here:
http://soap.towerdata.com/validate.wsdl but I'm getting an error with
axis 1.4 (I'm consuming the web service with ColdFusion which comes
with axis 1.2 but I also downloaded axis 1.4 and used wsdl2java). Here
is the error I get from wsdl2java:

java.io.IOException: ERROR: Missing <soap:fault> element inFault
"Fault" in operation "Fault", in binding Validate
       at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.faultsFromSOAPFault(SymbolTable.java:2858)
       at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populateBindings(SymbolTable.java:2549)
       at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:744)
       at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:543)
       at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:518)
       at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:495)
       at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:361)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Is this a problem in the web service ? How can I debug it ?

Thanks,
Mack

Re: Fault in parsing web service

Posted by shweta tyagi <sh...@newgen.co.in>.
Hi Mr. smith
I am facing the same error when i try to parse version.wsdl (default
webservice provided by AXIS2
) the error is as follows:
java.io.IOException: ERROR: Missing <soap:fault> element inFault "Exception"
in operation "Exception", in binding getVersion
 at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.faultsFromSOAPFault(SymbolTable.java:2850)
 at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populateBindings(SymbolTable.java:2540)
 at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:744)
 at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:543)
 at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:518)
 at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:495)
 at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:361)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Any help will be great
Shweta Tyagi

Posted by jfirman <jf...@merchante-solutions.com>.
Thanks!

-John

Posted by Mr Smith <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jfirman <jf...@merchante-solutions.com>.
Hi Mr Smith,

Posted by Mr Smith <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mr Smith <mr...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 10, 2007 2:56 PM, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Your best way of debugging is to use a "sniffer" - either TCPMON from Apache
> or WireShark if you want to delve deeper. If you haven't used WireShark
> before I suggest you try TCPMON - its much simpler. Basically you setup
> TCPMON in proxy mode on port 8001 and then you configure your client to use
> localhost:8001 as an HTTP Proxy. Then you can see the requests and

Paul,

Thanks for the response. I'm getting the error with wsdl2java and from
monitoring the connection it seems that the only thing that it's doing
is retrieving the wsdl. I think there's something wrong with the wsdl
but I don't know what (I'm a newbie in low-level web services).

I tested the web service in Eclipse's Web services Explorer and it
works. But when I try with axis it gives an error...

Is there some kind of web service validator to test the wsdl against ?

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.

On Dec 10, 2007 12:07 PM, Mr Smith <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to use a web service located here:
> http://soap.towerdata.com/validate.wsdl but I'm getting an error with
> axis 1.4 (I'm consuming the web service with ColdFusion which comes
> with axis 1.2 but I also downloaded axis 1.4 and used wsdl2java). Here
> is the error I get from wsdl2java:
>
> java.io.IOException: ERROR: Missing <soap:fault> element inFault
> "Fault" in operation "Fault", in binding Validate
>       at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.faultsFromSOAPFault(
> SymbolTable.java:2858)
>       at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populateBindings(
> SymbolTable.java:2549)
>       at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(
> SymbolTable.java:744)
>       at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java
> :543)
>       at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(
> SymbolTable.java:518)
>       at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(
> SymbolTable.java:495)
>       at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:361)
>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> Is this a problem in the web service ? How can I debug it ?
>
> Thanks,
> Mack

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Fault in parsing web service

Posted by Mr Smith <mr...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 10, 2007 4:04 PM, Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Mack-
>
> take a look at this declaration from Version.wsdl
>     <wsdl:message name="getVersionFault">
>         <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="ns0:ExceptionFault"/>
>     </wsdl:message>
> where ns0 has this declaration xmlns:ns0="http://axisversion.sample/xsd"
>
> and the getVersionFauly is declared in the operation for getVersion as
>  <wsdl:operation name="getVersion">
>             <wsdl:fault name="getVersionFault">
>                 <soap:fault use="literal" name="getVersionFault"/>
>             </wsdl:fault>
>
> as far as the java class getVersionFault declared as
> sample.axisversion.xsd.getVersionFault is on the classpath and handles all
> exception processing for the fault via
> including getFaultMessage() and setFaultMessage methods
>
> If you supply the wsdl we can try to connect here

Martin,

Thanks for the response. The wsdl is here: