Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Bodo Hinterwäller <bo...@1und1.de> on 2006/01/13 09:54:56 UTC

Sending SMTP reply

Hi,

I'm using JAMES to receive mails from an external mailserver and store the mails into a database. If a db connection problem occurs I want to notify the external mail server to stop sending mails. How can I send a SMTP reply (e.g. reply code 421) after the external mailserver has established a SMTP connection?

Many thanks in advance.
Bodo

Re: Sending SMTP reply

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Bodo Hinterwäller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using JAMES to receive mails from an external mailserver and store the mails into a database. If a db connection problem occurs I want to notify the external mail server to stop sending mails. How can I send a SMTP reply (e.g. reply code 421) after the external mailserver has established a SMTP connection?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
> Bodo

In the next 2.3.0 release you will be able to change the default SMTP
command handlers by adding your own smtpserver configuration in
config.xml and adding your own handlers jar to the james.sar

In the 2.2.0 release you have to alter the current SMTPHandler and
rebuild james if you need to alter its smtp behaviour.

Stefano