Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by amelumad <am...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/24 16:07:06 UTC

Bind String constant to JNDI name

I need to bind a String constant to a JNDI name.  This constant will be
accessed from a WAR module deployed on Geronimo 1.1.  I tried to use
resource references in my deployment plan but either the binding does not
work or I am not using the correct context / name when trying to access it
hence I get JNDINamingException: Name not found.

The online documentation mainly concentrates on binding DB, EJBs and JMS
resources.

Could somebody clarify how can I resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Bind String constant to JNDI name

Posted by LaurentB <la...@idelis.be>.
Is there any way to place this env-entry or similar anywhere else than in
web.xml?

I'm having the same issue where I'm trying to define a string constant that
is the location of a config file, and I'd like to have that definition
placed __outside__ of the WAR file. Otherwise, I can just hard code that
somewhere in the app ;-)

With Tomcat alone, I usually place an <Environment> entry in the context XML
file, which is located outside of the WAR. This entry is then accessible
from the webapp code via a JNDI lookup.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.