Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Oliver Rossmueller <ol...@tuxerra.com> on 2005/03/19 20:19:53 UTC

New committer?

If I got it right Sean is a MyFaces committer now. As Sean is
contributing a lot of stuff for MyFaces, +1 on that. We had some lively
discussions in the past, anyway: Sean, welcome on board!

But I've a formal question regarding things like that: who decides about
new committers? Isn't the policy to have a vote on topics like that? (I
searched the archives so I suppose I did not miss a vote)

Oliver

--
Oliver Rossmueller
Software Engineer and IT-Consultant

Re: New committer?

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
I passed through your subscription to the pmc internal list, Oliver.

The pmc list is not used for development discussions, but only for the
occaisional team management issue, such as nominating a new committer
or PMC member.

Another usage hint is that every committer should setup forwarding for
their Apache account. Occaisionally, an alert is sent to all the
committers. (Such as the one about downtime this weekend.)

To setup forwarding, you just need to ssh to www.apache.org, login
using your apache credentials, then

$ cd ~
$ echo (user@your-mail.com) > .forward

-Ted.

--
HTH, Ted.

Re: New committer?

Posted by Oliver Rossmueller <ol...@tuxerra.com>.

Re: New committer?

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Oh my,

what a mess - so next time, we will need to do things differently.

Maybe we should reopen the election here on the developer mailing list -

and we just carry over the votes we have casted so far on the PPMC list?

regards,

Martin

Re: New committer?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.

Re: New committer?

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: New committer?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.

Re: New committer?

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:20:26 +0100, Matthias Wessendorf

Re: New committer?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Oliver,