Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martin Giljohann <mm...@gmx.net> on 2004/01/14 10:04:51 UTC

Setting the form name

Hi, I'm currently having lots of understanding problems while getting
started with tapestry. One of my major problems is setting the form name in order
to use it for DHTML. I tried it this way:
	<form method="post" jwcid="insertForm" name="addresses">
but the html output is always
	<form method="post" name="Form0" ...
and not as I actually expected:
	<form method="post" name="addresses" ...

So this doesn't work for me. I tried another way and actually it would be
much nicer to get it running like this:
	adressform.html:
	<form method="post" jwcid="insertForm">
	</form>

	adressform.page:
	<component id="insertForm" type="Form">
	        <property name="name" value="addresses" />
		<binding name="listener" expression="listeners.FormSubmit" />
	</component>

But this gives me the same result (name="Form0"). Maybe someone could give
me a hint, how to get (preferably the second example) running?

Thanks!
Martin

RE: Setting the form name

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
Tapestry sets the form name; you can using ognl:components.myForm.name to access the name (if you
need it for DHTML).

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components