Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Yue Ma <ma...@mail.nlm.nih.gov> on 2002/01/23 23:55:22 UTC

Compile with mingw32

Hi there,
How can I let g++ recognize the xerces-c_1.lib?
The "-l" option doesn't work, and I've tried to use "impdef" and
"dlltool" together
to generate a "libxerces.a" file, doesn't work neither.
The g++ complained can not find many SAX API references...

Thanks!!
Yue

Re: Compile with mingw32

Posted by Martin Kalen <ma...@todaysystems.com.au>.
> How can I let g++ recognize the xerces-c_1.lib?

By recompiling xerces-c_xxx.lib with g++.

Sorry, but that's your only bet until there is an ABI for C++ that is
supported across different C++ compilers. For now, most compilers use
their own name mangling, vtables etc. and are not able to resolve
symbols from libraries compiled with a different compiler.

Regards,
 Martin

Re: validating against DTD (SAXParser)

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
The reason for this is that the parser can be put into a 'go as far as you
can' mode. If errors were reported by throwing an exception, you could never
report more than one, because throwing unwinds the stack.

Dean Roddey
The Charmed Quark Controller
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"If it don't have a control port, don't buy it!"

Posted by Jole Jonikic <jo...@mactive.se>.
I found the problem myself.