Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martin Reurings <ma...@windgazer.nl> on 2007/10/15 06:39:49 UTC

T5 Order in which modules load

Hey Guys,

I've quite happily been working on creating my own module to enhance
Tapestry5. This module is a generic patch so that I can more rapidly
create new WebApps based on T5. I've added some components and a service
and all seemed to be working quite well. Now I've run into a problem though.
In a recent project we had created our own ValidationDecorator and
pushed it into the environment, thus overriding T5's default validator.
Now that I've been creating my own plugable module I've been trying to
move this solution in there, but it seems that my plugable module runs
before T5 adds it's Services. As a result, the T5 default is now
overruling my own ValidationDecorator :(

Anybody here have a clue how I can change the order in which AppModules
load?!?

Regards,

 Martin

Re: T5 Order in which modules load

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.
Sorry, "order" in the message title diverted my attention.
You want to override DefaultValidationDelegateCommand using Alias:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/alias.html

That documentation is a bit thin, but if you can search the list for more.

HLS:
"You supply a new implementation with a new id, and contribute to the Alias
service configuration.  This will allow injections based on type to prefer
your implementation over the built-in one."

Cheers,
Nick.

Posted by Martin Reurings <ma...@windgazer.nl>.

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.