Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> on 2018/04/10 13:01:27 UTC

[PROPOSAL] replace sling committer list with link to apache phonebook

currently we maintain a list of all committers and PMC members in a CMS page on [1].
this page is currently outdated, some committers are missing (e.g. david bosschaert).

my proposal is to remove this manually maintained list and replace it with a link to the apache phonebook [2]

pro:
- no redundant data, no manual maintenance: phonebook is always based on the "true source"
- distinction between PMC members, chair and committers is clearly visible (for vote counting)

con:
- we lose some probably important information currently present on this page:
  - organization (not maintained for all members)
  - role

the page [1] contains also additional sections with emeritus members, thanks etc. - these sections would remain untouched.

WDYT?

stefan

[1] https://sling.apache.org/project-information/project-team.html
[2] https://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?pmc=sling

RE: [PROPOSAL] replace sling committer list with link to apache phonebook

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.
i replaced the committers list with a link to the phonebook:
https://sling.apache.org/project-information/project-team.html

if required we can think about fetching more information from the phonebook, but this would need more effort.

stefan

Posted by Julian Sedding <js...@gmail.com>.
+1

We could directly leverage the JSON data behind the phonebook page. I
believe public_ldap_projects.json[0] for committers + pmc combined
with public_ldap_people.json[1] for names should do.

Regards
Julian

[0] https://whimsy.apache.org/public/public_ldap_projects.json
[1] https://whimsy.apache.org/public/public_ldap_people.json

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.
+1

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 3:01 PM, Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> wrote:
> ...my proposal is to remove this manually maintained list and replace it with a link to the apache phonebook [2]..

+1, DRY FTW!

> the page [1] contains also additional sections with emeritus members, thanks etc. - these sections would remain untouched

Yes, good idea.

FWIW I just finished some "global" website changes to add the current
ASF events teaser to the left menu but I'm done now.

-Bertrand