Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Stuart Owen <so...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/26 15:06:10 UTC

Remove validiations ?

Hi,

I can see how to get and create new validations, but am struggling to
see how to remove them.

For an XSSFSheet I seem to be able to use:

    sheet.getCTWorksheet().getDataValidations().removeDataValidation(index);

but I don't see an equivalent for HSSFSheet.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Stuart.

Re: Remove validiations ?

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.
There doesn't appear to be an equivalent yet for HSSF.  You are on the
right track for XSSF, I use that myself when stripping down a workbook to
bare bones.

I'm not at all versed in the HSSF format, so I have no idea what it might
take to implement there.  As far as I can tell the binary format shares
little to no structure with the XML format.