Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Larry White <lj...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/12 19:49:31 UTC

Velocity Sitemesh and WebWork

Hi, I'm trying to select a toolset for a project and would like to use
WebWork (MVC), Sitemesh (view decoration) and Velocity (views).  I can
find good documentation on using any two of these together, but can't
find any clear information on using the three combined.

Both WebWork and Sitemesh provide out-of-the-box velocity support
using a Servlet -

for WebWork, it's
com.opensymphony.webwork.views.velocity.WebWorkVelocityServlet

for Sitemesh, its
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.velocity.VelocityDecoratorServlet

It's not clear which should be used, if either, when you want to use
them together.

Is there anyone out there using this combination who could explain the solution?