Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jamie Warren <ja...@dj-tech.org> on 2000/07/25 19:20:35 UTC

Apache::ASP version conflicts

I'am currently having trouble with asp and perl. Here's the situation.
Recently perl was upgraded to 5.6, all the other programs including
httpd see perl as 5.6 with the exception of the asp module. It's
installation script (Makefile.pl) sees and uses perl 5.6 however
version.asp reports the previous version of perl. "This is version
5.00503" ASP not using the newer version of perl is making a few of the
scripts not run correctly. I've checked all the paths I could find with
the various asp files and they're all points to the correct place but it
still doesnt help. Where else should I check or is there something I'am
overlooking?

Re: Apache::ASP version conflicts

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Jamie Warren wrote:

> I'am currently having trouble with asp and perl. Here's the situation.
> Recently perl was upgraded to 5.6, all the other programs including
> httpd see perl as 5.6 with the exception of the asp module. It's
> installation script (Makefile.pl) sees and uses perl 5.6 however
> version.asp reports the previous version of perl. "This is version
> 5.00503" ASP not using the newer version of perl is making a few of the
> scripts not run correctly. I've checked all the paths I could find with
> the various asp files and they're all points to the correct place but it
> still doesnt help. Where else should I check or is there something I'am
> overlooking?

Apache::ASP will use whatever version of perl that mod_perl
was compiled with.  You may need to recompile your modperl.
Also, when installing Apache::ASP, make sure you install it
with the perl that the modperl is associated with.

-- Joshua
Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA

Re: Apache::ASP version conflicts

Posted by Vivek Khera <kh...@kciLink.com>.

JW> installation script (Makefile.pl) sees and uses perl 5.6 however
JW> version.asp reports the previous version of perl. "This is version
JW> 5.00503" ASP not using the newer version of perl is making a few of the

When you build mod_perl, perl is embedded into your httpd.  If you
upgrade your perl and want the newer one in your mod_perl, you need to
rebuild and reinstall mod_perl.