Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@red-bean.com> on 2008/03/11 16:08:52 UTC

Summer of Code 2008

FYI, we haven't yet sent an organizational application for Summer of
Code this year.  Do we want to participate?  Do we have the mentoring
bandwidth?  If so, the application is due *tomorrow*, no late apps
will be accepted.

Re: Summer of Code 2008

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
"Ben Collins-Sussman" <su...@red-bean.com> writes:
> FYI, we haven't yet sent an organizational application for Summer of
> Code this year.  Do we want to participate?

I forgot to answer your question explicitly: "Yes, we do!"

Summer of Code has, in the past, been good at getting some issues fixed
or featurelets written, and great at getting new long-term developers
involved.  We should always say "yes" to the latter.

-K

Re: Summer of Code 2008

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@red-bean.com>.
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com> wrote:

>  I've got the app completed, except for the list of mentors, which I've
>  solicited in that thread.  Btw, are you willing to be one?

Yes, I can be a mentor too.

Re: Summer of Code 2008

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
"Ben Collins-Sussman" <su...@red-bean.com> writes:
> FYI, we haven't yet sent an organizational application for Summer of
> Code this year.  Do we want to participate?  Do we have the mentoring
> bandwidth?  If so, the application is due *tomorrow*, no late apps
> will be accepted.

Heh.  We're clearly sharing brainstem again, see my thread just now:
"Google Summer of Code 2008 mentors needed."

I've got the app completed, except for the list of mentors, which I've
solicited in that thread.  Btw, are you willing to be one?

-Karl

Re: Summer of Code 2008

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
"Ben Collins-Sussman" <su...@red-bean.com> writes:
> at the last minute already, so I send him big thanks!  Karl, I presume
> you'll be the one filling out the organizational application at
> http://code.google.com/soc/2008/org_signup.html ?

Yep.

Re: Summer of Code 2008

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@red-bean.com>.
Just to be clear:  if we're going to turn in the app tomorrow, we not
only need a list of mentors to give to Google, but also put up a
recent list of ideas.  It looks like Karl is taking care of this all
at the last minute already, so I send him big thanks!  Karl, I presume
you'll be the one filling out the organizational application at
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/org_signup.html ?