Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Hans-Werner Friedemann <h-...@vds-herzberg.de> on 2009/12/09 11:15:26 UTC

Bayes

Hallo zusammen!

ich speichere meine Bayes-Daten (autolearn) bislang in Configuration Files....
Nun würde ich gern auf eine MySQL-DB umsteigen.
Wie geht das mit dem Umzug (Konfiguration), ohne Daten zu verlieren?
Hat man durch die Verwendung einer MySQL-DB eine bessere Performance zu erwarten?

Re: Bayes

Posted by Jim Knuth <jk...@jkart.de>.
am 09.12.2009 11:15 Uhr schrieb Hans-Werner Friedemann

http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/debian-spamassassin-sql.html

--
mit freundlichem Gruss - with kind regard
Jim Knuth

Re: Bayes

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Hans-Werner Friedemann wrote:

> Hallo zusammen!
>
> ich speichere meine Bayes-Daten (autolearn) bislang in Configuration
> Files.... Nun w�rde ich gern auf eine MySQL-DB umsteigen. Wie geht das
> mit dem Umzug (Konfiguration), ohne Daten zu verlieren? Hat man durch
> die Verwendung einer MySQL-DB eine bessere Performance zu erwarten?

I can't say how well (or even whether) you can transfer an existing BDB
bayes database to MySQL, but I will say that it's a good idea to keep your
training corpora available in case you need to retrain from scratch for
some reason.

Granted, that's difficult if you're autolearning, but you should keep your
initial training corpora as well as any other manually-selected training
messages, such as ones that were misclassified.

   Activist: Someone who gets involved.
   Unregistered Lobbyist: Someone who gets involved with something
     the MSM doesn't approve of.                           -- WizardPC
  6 days until Bill of Rights day

Re: Bayes

Posted by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com>.
On 9-Dec-2009, at 07:04, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> On ons 09 dec 2009 14:56:53 CET, LuKreme wrote
>> I don't speak German, however with the help of Google I think the answer to your question is 'you don't'. As I recall, when moving from file-based bayes to MySQL based bayes, you have to retrain.
>
> no just --backup filebased bayes, and reconfigure to sql based bayes, and then --restore the bayes backup
>
> its only awl that cant be done from filebased to sql

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I keep meaning to get around to switching my bayes to sql, but…

--
Never age. Never die. Live for ever in that one last white-hot moment, when the crowd screamed. When every note was a heartbeat. Burn across the sky.
You will never grow old. They will never say you died. --Soul Music

Re: Bayes

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.

xpoint http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Re: Bayes

Posted by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com>.
On 9-Dec-2009, at 03:15, Hans-Werner Friedemann wrote:
> ich speichere meine Bayes-Daten (autolearn) bislang in Configuration Files....
> Nun würde ich gern auf eine MySQL-DB umsteigen.
> Wie geht das mit dem Umzug (Konfiguration), ohne Daten zu verlieren?
> Hat man durch die Verwendung einer MySQL-DB eine bessere Performance zu erwarten?

I don't speak German, however with the help of Google I think the answer to your question is 'you don't'. As I recall, when moving from file-based bayes to MySQL based bayes, you have to retrain.

--
He wasn't good or evil or cruel or extreme in any way but one, which was that he had elevated greyness to the status of a fine art and cultivated a mind that was as bleak and pitiless and logical as the slopes of Hell. --The Light Fantastic