Posted to api@openoffice.apache.org by Keith Alcock <ke...@keithalcock.com> on 2014/12/04 15:57:04 UTC

Changing document and/or application background in code

API experts,

I need to distinguish the documents my extension is working on in an
additional way.  Right now I am changing the title (as shown in the
window frame) to reflect the connection to my extension, but the
change is too subtle and users aren't noticing.  There isn't a great
deal of room to play.  I found the Tools | Options... | OpenOffice |
Appearance | Custom settings.  There the Document background and
Application background colors would be very useful, but I can't figure
out how to influence them from within the (C++) extension.  Any change
I make would also have to apply to a particular document and not all
of them, which is something that not even the UI does.  Does anyone
have an idea how to do that?  Any other alternative ideas would also
be greatly appreciated.  I don't want to change the document itself,
just something about how it is displayed.  Thanks.

Keith Alcock