Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Dewey M. Sasser" <de...@sasser.com> on 2004/09/17 14:23:07 UTC

Setting properties on the repository

In what is, I believe, my last topic creation of the day, I would like
to be able to set properties directly on the repository.  Not revprops
but versioned properties.  I'm unable to do this in svn 1.0.[56].  I
have not checked the latest development code.

For example, I want to be able to do

svn propset -m "Recommending baseline" my:recommended-baseline
   'branches/base1' svn://repopath/module

Some of you might recognize that I'm trying to support something like
ClearCase-UCM semantics in subversion.  I would rather not get into a
discussion of whether or not this is a good idea.

I can work around this by doing a non-recursive checkout of the
module, setting the property on the sandbox and commiting, but it's a
workaround.  This is the property equiavlent of "svn cp -m''" or "svn
mkdir -m ''".

Is there any reason why allowing properties to be set directly on the
repository is not a good idea?

Dewey Sasser
dewey@sasser.com
---
Note: resend. Previous copy disappeared

Re: Setting properties on the repository

Posted by Michael W Thelen <th...@cs.utah.edu>.
Dewey M. Sasser wrote:

> Is there any reason why allowing properties to be set directly on the
> repository is not a good idea?

Nope, this has come up a few times, and the reason just seems to be that
no one has gotten around to implementing it yet.

-- Mike