Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Mihir Sambhus <mi...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/23 05:05:28 UTC

Sorting of themes in the dropdown in theme editor page?

Hi,

I have been wondering what sort order is used to display the themes in the
theme selection dropdown in the themeeditor.

I have created more than 50 themes on my site and it is really hard to
navigate through the themes, and I am looking for an easy way to present to
the end users to select the themes.
It doesnt seem like it is alphabetically sorted. Neither is it sorted based
on which theme was touched the last. It looks more like it is sorted based
on when I created the theme.

My questions:
- what is the current sort order to display this list?
- is it possible for me to change this list in my installation without
changing code?
- Are there plans to enhance the theme editor page to change from the
dropdown to say a radio box with a small thumbnail preview? If not, how
tough/easy would it be for me to change this implementation to get it the
way I mentioned above?

thanks and regards,
Mihir
http://weblog.sambhus.com

Re: Sorting of themes in the dropdown in theme editor page?

Posted by Lance Lavandowska <la...@gmail.com>.
I don't think we apply any sorting to the list, so it sorts
"naturally" according to the Collection used.  Without looking I'm
going to guess its an ArrayList, which merely sorts by order of
insertion: so whatever order File.list() returns would be the order
(alphabetically on my Windows system).

Lance

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.
as far as i know there is no sort order to the themes list, i believe it
is just the order in which the filesystem lists the directories under
"/themes".  i am planning to do a full upgrade of the theme management
code for the next release, so i'll put this on the TODO list.

-- Allen