Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ashfaq <as...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/28 11:47:43 UTC

JVM tuning parameters

Hi Team,

We are installing ignite on kubernetes environment with native persistence
enabled. When we try to create around 400 tables using the sqlline end point
,  the pods are restarting after creating 200 tables with jvm heap error so
we have increased the java heap size from 1GB to 2GB and this time it failed
at 300 tables.

We would like to know how can we arrive at jvm heap size . Also we want to
know how do we configure such that the pods are not restarted and the
cluster is stable.

Below are the current values that we have used.

cpu - 1core
xms - 1GB
xmx - 2GB
RAM - 3GB

Below is the error log:

"Critical system error detected. Will be handled accordingly to configured
handler [hnd=StopNodeOrHaltFailureHandler [tryStop=false, timeout=0,
super=AbstractFailureHandler [ignoredFailureTypes=[SYSTEM_WORKER_BLOCKED]]],
failureCtx=FailureContext [type=SYSTEM_WORKER_BLOCKED, err=class
o.a.i.IgniteException: GridWorker [name=db-checkpoint-thread,
igniteInstanceName=null, finished=false, heartbeatTs=1553771825864]]] class
org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: GridWorker [name=db-checkpoint-thread,
igniteInstanceName=null, finished=false, heartbeatTs=1553771825864]
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.IgnitionEx$IgniteNamedInstance$2.apply(IgnitionEx.java:1831)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.IgnitionEx$IgniteNamedInstance$2.apply(IgnitionEx.java:1826)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.worker.WorkersRegistry.onIdle(WorkersRegistry.java:233)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.onIdle(GridWorker.java:297)
        at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ServerImpl$RingMessageWorker.lambda$new$0(ServerImpl.java:2663)
        at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ServerImpl$MessageWorker.body(ServerImpl.java:7181)
        at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ServerImpl$RingMessageWorker.body(ServerImpl.java:2700)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:120)
        at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ServerImpl$MessageWorkerThread.body(ServerImpl.java:7119)
        at
org.apache.ignite.spi.IgniteSpiThread.run(IgniteSpiThread.java:62)

Re: JVM tuning parameters

Posted by ashfaq <as...@gmail.com>.
We are testing and also the production data would be so much.

Re: JVM tuning parameters

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
If you have all tables colocated with each other, i.e. having the same
affinity function and backups count then you can try using cache groups -
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cache-groups

--Yakov

Re: JVM tuning parameters

Posted by ashfaq <as...@gmail.com>.
We are testing and also the production data would be so much.

Re: JVM tuning parameters

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Ignite has around 20M heap overhead per table, this means 6G for 300
tables. Why do you need so many tables?

Ilya Kasnacheev