Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Alexis Agahi <al...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2004/08/01 08:57:38 UTC

Merlin 3.3.0+ and OpenIM 1.2.2RC1

Hi,

OpenIM 1.2.2RC1 is now running using merlin 3.3.0+
Complete dependency update with last cornerstone/excalibur/commons lib has
been done.

Just try the block
merlin http://www.dpml.net/openim/blocks/openim-server-1.2.2.block

Have fun

--
Al

Re: Merlin 3.3.0+ and OpenIM 1.2.2RC1

Posted by Alexis Agahi <al...@users.sourceforge.net>.
On Sunday 01 August 2004 11:51, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Sunday 01 August 2004 14:57, Alexis Agahi wrote:
> > OpenIM 1.2.2RC1 is now running using merlin 3.3.0+
> > Complete dependency update with last cornerstone/excalibur/commons lib
> > has been done.
>
> Cool!
>
> > Just try the block
> > merlin http://www.dpml.net/openim/blocks/openim-server-1.2.2.block
>
> It seems that it requires a configuration, so I poked around a little bit
> on dpml.net, and then tried;
>
> merlin -config http://www.dpml.net/openim/configs/openim-server-1.2.2.xml
> http://www.dpml.net/openim/blocks/openim-server-1.2.2.block

right sorry, I forgot the famous config file

> which got things going, with the latest Merlin HEAD in subversion.
>
> Then I got 'confused', but ask GAIM to connect, and it seemed that it
> created a new account against the localhost server.
> Adding myself as a buddy (niclas@localhost) also seemed to work, although
> some exceptions are flying around, and for each mess sent to myself another
> Exception is thrown. But maybe that is expected when one is talking to
> oneself.

LOL, never tryed to talk to myself... as it seems to work, this could be a
great psychatric tool.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
> Then I got 'confused', but ask GAIM to connect, and it seemed that it
> created
> a new account against the localhost server.
> Adding myself as a buddy (niclas@localhost) also seemed to work, although
> some
> exceptions are flying around, and for each mess sent to myself another
> Exception is thrown. But maybe that is expected when one is talking to
> oneself.

Happens to me all the time!

;-)

Re: Merlin 3.3.0+ and OpenIM 1.2.2RC1

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Sunday 01 August 2004 14:57, Alexis Agahi wrote:

> OpenIM 1.2.2RC1 is now running using merlin 3.3.0+
> Complete dependency update with last cornerstone/excalibur/commons lib has
> been done.

Cool!

> Just try the block
> merlin http://www.dpml.net/openim/blocks/openim-server-1.2.2.block

It seems that it requires a configuration, so I poked around a little bit on
dpml.net, and then tried;

merlin -config http://www.dpml.net/openim/configs/openim-server-1.2.2.xml
http://www.dpml.net/openim/blocks/openim-server-1.2.2.block

which got things going, with the latest Merlin HEAD in subversion.

Then I got 'confused', but ask GAIM to connect, and it seemed that it created
a new account against the localhost server.
Adding myself as a buddy (niclas@localhost) also seemed to work, although some
exceptions are flying around, and for each mess sent to myself another
Exception is thrown. But maybe that is expected when one is talking to
oneself.

Cheers
Niclas
--