Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Oleg Estekhin <ol...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/19 09:18:48 UTC

maven-invoker-plugin with groovy pre/post build scripts results in "The pre-build script did not succeed. PermGen space"

Hi

I have a setup with a bunch of integration tests where each test has a pre-
and post-build script in groovy. During the maven-invoker-plugin:run a
number of first tests runs ok and then it starts to produce error with the
"The pre-build script did not succeed. PermGen space" message.

I am using -XX:MaxPermSize option to run the Maven with a bigger PermGen,
but it is somewhat cumbersome to remember to use it during integration
tests.

Is there some way to embed the -XX:MaxPermSize option inside the pom that
declares maven-invoker-plugin?
Or is there some way to ask maven-invoker-plugin or groovy to unload/gc
pre/post scripts from the already run tests?

Oleg

Re: maven-invoker-plugin with groovy pre/post build scripts results in "The pre-build script did not succeed. PermGen space"

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Is there some way to embed the -XX:MaxPermSize option inside the pom that
> declares maven-invoker-plugin?

Set it in the MAVEN_OPTS environment variable and it will
automatically be used every time Maven is run.

Wayne