Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de> on 2021/09/10 18:19:52 UTC

Re: How can I help

Hi,

not exactly. Let me explain:

Our examples contain a lot of mixed up dependencies (for example: APIs
in different version, ...), which do not necessarily match the versions
declared in the TomEE pom.xml - in the past, we had failing unit tests
in our examples due to such differences.

TOMEE-3234 is about replacing this mess by using so-called BOM
artifacts [1], which are generated by inspecting the binary
distribution packages during the Maven build (see
org.apache.tomee.bootstrap.GenerateBoms for details, if you want to get
an idea of the process). Consequently, these BOMs contain all
information about the different dependencies (and APIs) which are
distribute via the different TomEE flavours.

The idea of TOMEE-3234 is to replace the declaration of multiple
dependencies and apis with the related BOM dependency to ensure, that
library updates are passed into our examples.

PR-779 [2] is a good example for the sub-tasks listed in TOMEE-3234.
So the basic process would be: Check which TOMEE flavour is needed to
run the related examples and replace the directly declared dependencies
with a dependency towards the related BOMs as shows in [2].

Hope it helps. Feel free to ask.

Gruss
Richard

[1] https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/master/boms

[2] https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/779

Am Freitag, dem 10.09.2021 um 22:56 +0530 schrieb Distributed Systems
Guy - Bala G: