Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/19 08:24:02 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Storm 0.9.3

This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Storm 0.9.3. This will be the first Apache Storm release as a TLP.

Full list of changes in this release:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG.md;hb=20ce2bb9088e793b3b019110d07e77896bb642e8

The tag/commit to be voted upon is v0.9.3:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=commit;h=20ce2bb9088e793b3b019110d07e77896bb642e8

The source archive being voted upon can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~ptgoetz/apache-storm-0.9.3/apache-storm-0.9.3-src.tar.gz

Other release files, signatures and digests can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~ptgoetz/apache-storm-0.9.3/

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-storm.git;a=blob_plain;f=KEYS;hb=22b832708295fa2c15c4f3c70ac0d2bc6fded4bd

The Nexus staging repository for this release is:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestorm-1010

The generated reports and documentation for this release can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~ptgoetz/apache-storm-0.9.3/site/

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Storm 0.9.3.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Storm 0.9.3
[ ]  0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because …

Thanks,
Taylor

[RESULT [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 0.9.3

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@apache.org>.
This vote is now closed and passes with 3 binding +1, 3 non-binding +1 votes and no -1 or 0 votes.

Vote tally:

+1:
Sriharsha Chintalapani*
P. Taylor Goetz*
임정택
Parth Brahmbhatt
Supun Kamburugamuva
Bobby Evans*

0:

-1:

* indicates a binding vote.

Thanks to all who voted.

-Taylor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 0.9.3

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Correction:

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
+1 (Binding)  I built the code from scratch, unit tests passed, example topologies on a single node cluster pass.
 - Bobby

     On Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:01 PM, Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com> wrote:

 +1 (Non binding).

Ran a 2 node cluster and an example.

Thanks,
Supun..

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Harsha <st...@harsha.io> wrote:

> Sorry for not adding more info for my vote.
> I deployed 3 node cluster and also a single node cluster.  Ran wordcount
> topology and also benchmark topology
> that Sean provided. Everything looks good to me and I didn't noticed any
> issues with the release.
> Thanks,
> Harsha
>
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014, at 09:44 AM, P. Taylor Goetz wrote:
> > +1 (binding)
> >
> > The RAT report is clean and the sigs look good (granted, I generated
> > them, so I'd like to see some additional verification from others).
> >
> > One minor nit: The CHANGELOG list for this release should probably be
> > consolidated under a "0.9.3" header rather than "0.9.3-rc1" and
> > "0.9.3-rc2", but I feel that is a purely cosmetic issue and shouldn't
> > stand in the way of the release.
> >
> > -Taylor
> >
> > > On Nov 19, 2014, at 12:02 PM, Parth Brahmbhatt <
> pbrahmbhatt@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > +1(non-binding)
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Parth

> the

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG.md;hb=20ce2bb9088e793b3b019110d07e77896bb642e8

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=commit;h=20ce2bb9088e793b3b019110d07e77896bb642e8

> http://people.apache.org/~ptgoetz/apache-storm-0.9.3/apache-storm-0.9.3-src.tar.gz

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-storm.git;a=blob_plain;f=KEYS;hb=22b832708295fa2c15c4f3c70ac0d2bc6fded4bd

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestorm-1010

> found here:

> > > --
> > > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> entity to
> reader
> that
> immediately

Supun Kamburugamuva

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
+1 (Non binding).

Ran a 2 node cluster and an example.

Thanks,
Supun..

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Harsha <st...@harsha.io> wrote:

> Sorry for not adding more info for my vote.
> I deployed 3 node cluster and also a single node cluster.  Ran wordcount
> topology and also benchmark topology
> that Sean provided. Everything looks good to me and I didn't noticed any
> issues with the release.
> Thanks,
> Harsha
>
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014, at 09:44 AM, P. Taylor Goetz wrote:
> > +1 (binding)
> >
> > The RAT report is clean and the sigs look good (granted, I generated
> > them, so I'd like to see some additional verification from others).
> >
> > One minor nit: The CHANGELOG list for this release should probably be
> > consolidated under a "0.9.3" header rather than "0.9.3-rc1" and
> > "0.9.3-rc2", but I feel that is a purely cosmetic issue and shouldn't
> > stand in the way of the release.
> >
> > -Taylor
> >
> > > On Nov 19, 2014, at 12:02 PM, Parth Brahmbhatt <
> pbrahmbhatt@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > +1(non-binding)
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Parth