Posted to user@aurora.apache.org by William Morgan <wi...@buoyant.io> on 2016/05/04 22:53:52 UTC

interested in a fast service load balancer / proxy?

[cross posting from the Mesos users' list by popular demand]

Dear Aurora friends,

We have an open source load balancer / proxy called linkerd
<https://linkerd.io/> that might be of interest to some of you. Similar to
things like SmartStack's Synapse and marathon-lb, it's a request-level load
balancer that speaks to service discovery. However, it doesn't require
process restarts when SD updates. It's built on Finagle, Twitter's
high-volume RPC library, which means it also can do intelligent things with
slow and failing servers, connection pooling, etc.

It features pluggable service discovery backends (Zookeeper, Marathon,
Consul, etcd), and pluggable protocol support (HTTP, thrift and mux).

It's designed as a sort of out-of-process client-side network stack for
high-volume service communication, but you can also use it as a debug proxy
or an edge traffic server.

If that sounds interesting, check out linkerd.io for more details, or join
us on our Slack channel <http://slack.linkerd.io/>. We'll be presenting it
at ApacheCon <http://sched.co/6OJA> and at MesosCon
<http://sched.co/6jta> later
this month. In the mean time, here's a screenshot to whet your appetite:

​​
Feel free to hit me up with any questions!

-William

Re: interested in a fast service load balancer / proxy?

Posted by William Morgan <wi...@buoyant.io>.
Excellent, let us know how it goes.

There are a couple nice things we can provide beyond synapse:
- drop-in TLS support
<https://blog.buoyant.io/2016/03/24/transparent-tls-with-linkerd/>
- latency-aware load balancing
<https://blog.buoyant.io/2016/03/16/beyond-round-robin-load-balancing-for-latency/>
- a really good metrics.json endpoint with per-client latency percentiles,
etc.
- Zipkin tracing emission (blog post coming soon!)

Jump into our slack if you need help.

-William

Posted by "Erb, Stephan" <St...@blue-yonder.com>.

________________________________

On Wednesday, May 4, 2016, Zameer Manji <<m...@apache.org>> wrote:
[...]

If that sounds interesting, check out linkerd.io<https://linkerd.io/> for more details, or join us on our Slack channel<http://slack.linkerd.io/>. We'll be presenting it at ApacheCon<http://sched.co/6OJA> and at MesosCon<http://sched.co/6jta> later this month. In the mean time, here's a screenshot to whet your appetite:

[cid:part8.01090809.02010307@surfsara.nl]
??

e-mail: rogier.dikkes@surfsara.nl<ma...@surfsara.nl> | M: +31 6 47 48 93 28

Posted by "benley@gmail.com" <be...@gmail.com>.