Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com> on 2018/04/09 15:28:50 UTC

Tasks for upcoming Hackathons & Sprints

Hello all,

in the next weeks and months some of us are taking part in Hackathons and Sprints and hope to attract new people to Arrow development. This includes:

* MAN AHL Hackathon in 2 weeks: https://www.ahl.com/hackathon
* PyCon US in May: https://us.pycon.org/2018/community/sprints/
* PyCon DE in October: https://de.pycon.org/

To get people on board and have things they can work on, I'm collecting possible tasks. To make these tasks visible, we should flags simple things that everyone could work on with a "beginner" label in JIRA so they appear in https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12343593 If you can also think of things to work on that are good for getting started with Arrow development and yet no ticket exists, please make one even if you don't plan to work on it. It might be a good indicator for someone else on how they could get started.

Cheers
Uwe

Re: Tasks for upcoming Hackathons & Sprints

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.
Le 10/04/2018 à 15:43, Uwe L. Korn a écrit :
> Seems like I'm not allowed to make public filters. I will ask INFRA about what I can do.
>
> You'll find the results by querying for `labels = beginner AND project = Arrow AND status = open` in JIRA.

Yes, I've added a couple of beginner tickets.

Regards

Antoine.

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>.

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <so...@pitrou.net>.