Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Da...@ic3s.de on 2007/08/06 18:25:56 UTC

Axis throws always RemoteException

I have a webservice running under Axis 1.4. One Operation can throw an
exception created by my own (MyOwnException):

        <operation ...
                <fault name="MyOwnException" ...

But if server side throws this exception (can see this exception is
bundled fine into one soap fault), not a MyOwnException is thrown.
Instead of this a RemoteException (AxisFault) is thrown, which has
MyOwnException as faultDetail field. But i dont want to parse
this field with a XMLParser. But at the moment i had to :((

Can anyone help me with this ? Its making me crazy ...

thx

Daniel Kuschow

Re: Axis throws always RemoteException

Posted by cara <pi...@gmail.com>.
Does your generated deploy.wsdd give you any clues?

I have exceptions working with doc/lit wrapped. The typeMapping in my wsdd
file maps MyOwnExceptions to a type (an autogenerated Exception class).
Initially,  I had some problems in my namespace mapping, but I'm not sure I
have enough info to help with your problem.