Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Bernhard Huber <bh...@i-one.at> on 2001/08/17 13:20:03 UTC

Re: AW: LogKit - FileRotation

Hi
Just one point:
First create a LogTarget
set a FileNameStrategy
change the FileNameStrategy for this LogTarget. Then you start using
the LogTarget
You have to postpone the opening of the file til you can be
sure that will be used.

Another think I noticed is the impl. of error() in LogFileTarget, once
you specify a File which cannot be written to, a lot of error()
invocation happens. I don't have any real solution on that perhaps
implementing something like 'line has repeated 12 times...' instead
writting always the same senseless message.

bye