Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Matthias Fischer <Ma...@doubleSlash.de> on 2006/05/24 11:59:46 UTC

Trouble getting started...

Hello,

I am evaluating Jetspeed 2 for a portal application.

1) What is the difference between "building from source" and "building
from maven plugin"?
2) Where do I download the jetspeed maven plugin ("3.1 Download the
Jetspeed Plugin" section is empty and contains no link...).
3) Single Sign-On: In the installer version I first downloaded there
seems to be neither documentation for the sso-feature nor any examles.
Neither did I find anything more detailed on the website.
   a) Is it possible to provide Single Sign-On for webapps that run on
another webserver (I have some apps requiring basic auth and some with
form authentication)?
   b) What exactly do I have to do in order to integrate webapps in such
a way that they can be used as part of the portal without requiring
another login?
   c) Do these webapps need to be portlets themselves (the ones I need
to integrate are not)?

Kind regards from the Lake of Constance, Germany
Matthias

--
icq 820 47 427