Posted to user@uima.apache.org by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com> on 2010/06/15 13:24:08 UTC

Compile uimaj ( was Re: Compile Alchemy Annotator)

Hi Tommaso, thanks for your answer !

So, as you indicated - before build Alchemy - I jump to build uimaj...
and some problems comes in.

I'm building uima from a clean maven local repository.

In fact there is two problems :
1) install build/parent-poms require building of uimaj/aggregate-uimaj
(for PearPackagingMavenPluging dependency) and uimaj/aggregate-uimaj
require parent-poms install for parent-pom-ibm-notice dependency...
seems like a circle !

After build one by one each parent-poms/modules it's ok for
uimaj/aggregate-uimaj... but not for build/parent-poms... here comes the
second error

2) during install of parent-poms one file is missing :
src/main/assembly/bin.xml

Can fill a bug if more suitable for you and if it's real one.

Here come the detailed procedure I take :

svn co uima/build/trunk build
svn co uimaj/trunk uimaj

== * cd build * ==
* cd parent-poms *
* mvn install*
- error :
Reason: POM 'org.apache.uima:PearPackagingMavenPlugin' not found in
repository: Unable to download the artifact from any repository

   org.apache.uima:PearPackagingMavenPlugin:pom:2.3.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots),
   eclipsePlugins (http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse)

  for project org.apache.uima:PearPackagingMavenPlugin

*cd uima-assembly-single-project*
- install ok
uima-build-helper-maven-plugin
- install ok

cd uima-docbook-olink
  An Ant BuildException has occured: Error while expanding
/home/florent/.m2/repository/org/apache/uima/uima-docbook-olink/1-SNAPSHOT/uima-docbook-olin\
k-1-SNAPSHOT-olink.zip
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/florent/.m2/repository/org/apache/uima/uima-docbook-olink/1-SNAPSHOT/uima-docbook-olink-1-SNAPSHOT-olink.zip
(No such f\
ile or directory)

*cd uima-docbook-resource-bundle*
- install ok

*cd uima-jar-resource-bundle*
- install ok

== * cd uimaj * ==

* cd aggregate-uimaj *
- error :
------------------
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactNotFoundException:
Unable to download the artifact from any repository

   org.apache.uima:parent-pom-ibm-notice:pom:1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
-------------------
- So ok, I see this parent pom in build/parents-pom... go to compile
just him
* cd ../../build/parent-poms/parent-pom-ibm-notice/ *
- install ok

*cd aggregate-uimaj*
- error :
-------------------
   org.apache.uima:parent-pom-eclipse-plugins:pom:1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
-------------------

- So ok, let's go to build each parent pom uniquely

* cd ../../build/parent-poms/ *
* cd parent-pom-annotator/ *
- install ok

* cd parent-pom-distr *
- install ok
parent-pom-docbook
parent-pom-eclipse-plugins
parent-pom-eclipse-plugins-ibm-notice
parent-pom-ibm-notice
parent-pom-single-project
parent-pom-top

all of theses are ok.

*cd parent-pom*
mvn install :
- error

Reason: POM 'org.apache.uima:PearPackagingMavenPlugin' not found in
repository: Unable to download the artifact from any repository

*cd uimaj/aggregate-uimaj*

- install ok

*cd build/parent-poms*
-  PearPackagingMavenPlugin problem is ok, but have this :
-------------
[INFO] Failed to resolve classpath resource: src/main/assembly/bin.xml
from classloader: org.codehaus.classworlds.RealmClassLoader@1bdea60

[6] [INFO] File:
/home/florent/devel/dev-others/uima/sources2/build/parent-poms/src/main/assembly/bin.xml
does not exist.

[7] [INFO] Building URL from location: src/main/assembly/bin.xml
Error:
java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: src/main/assembly/bin.xml
         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:567)
         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)
         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)
         at
org.apache.maven.shared.io.location.URLLocatorStrategy.resolve(URLLocatorStrategy.java:54)
         at
org.apache.maven.shared.io.location.Locator.resolve(Locator.java:81)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.io.DefaultAssemblyReader.addAssemblyFromDescriptor(DefaultAssemblyReader.java:309)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.io.DefaultAssemblyReader.readAssemblies(DefaultAssemblyReader.java:140)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.mojos.AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:352)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:490)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:535)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
	at org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
	at
         at
         at