Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Daniel Schmidt-Oehm <ds...@web.de> on 2003/08/08 15:13:11 UTC

can someone verify this?

Hi folks,

i get this response when i invoke my service client:

SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode>
<faultstring>No Deserializer found to deserialize a &apos;MyWebServiceName:MyClientClass&apos; using encoding style &apos;http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/&apos;.</faultstring>
<faultactor>/Apache-SOAP/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>

I assume the follwing:
My client serialize the object created by "MyClientClass" to the proper SOAP/XML format. Then it gets transfered to the WebService with the name "MyWebServiceName" (Port/URL and Name of Service is correct). Now the Service-Servlet tries to re-transfer (or deserialize) the SOAP-Message to an appropriate format. But this fails cause he finds no deserializer to handle the code constructed by my serializer.

Is that right? And if so, why is the response saying "<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode>"?

Daniel.

--
Don Vito
email: dso72@web.de

Re: can someone verify this?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
The Client fault code indicates that the server has a problem processing the
contents of the message, such as a malformed message, an inappropriate input
value specified, etc. It's also appropriate to return a Client fault code if
it can't deserialize the message contents. In other words, the service will
not be able process the request until whatever is wrong gets fixed.

The Server fault code indicates that the server had no problem processing
the contents of the message, but it encountered another problem while
processing the request, such as a database error. In other words, you should
be able to resend the request without modification.

Anne