Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alexandre Victoor <al...@fr.adp.com> on 2003/05/14 11:19:10 UTC

old C1 XSP with C2

Hello
I need to migrate a cocoon1 XSP application to cocoon2. Is there a document
on the differences between XSP in cocoon1 and XSP in cocoon2. I am
wondering if an old XSP page could work with cocoon2 without modification...
Thanks in advance for your answers

Alex

Re[2]: old C1 XSP with C2

Posted by Frans Thamura <ja...@intercitra.com>.
i do it now, and i want to say the team is suck..

how can be they never did a compatibility status test. my 2 years work, is in dump.

and need extra effort step by step, and the mailing list is help only a little bit.

i think cocoon will be give a bad case to all the world, that open source is stable, but the next version can dump your business.

--
Frans Thamura <ja...@intercitra.com>
Intercitra Innovation Center

We help you manage and control.

Re: old C1 XSP with C2

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Alexandre Victoor wrote:

> Hello
> I need to migrate a cocoon1 XSP application to cocoon2. Is there a
> document on the differences between XSP in cocoon1 and XSP in cocoon2.
> I am wondering if an old XSP page could work with cocoon2 without
> modification...
> Thanks in advance for your answers

The main difference between XSP in C1 and C2 are the following :
- redirects are forbidden, since C2 XSPs are generators and thus are
executed once the pipeline is entirely built
- you don't have to produce a processing-instruction defining the next
processing stage, as this is defined in the sitemap

Hope this helps,
Sylvain