Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Will Stevens <wi...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/07 16:04:29 UTC

ACS Release Note Generation

Hey All,
I just sent Rajani a more detailed email including the actual output, but I
figured I might as well send out a more general email to let everyone know
about this work.

https://github.com/swill/generate_acs_rn

When I was the 4.9 RM, I added the ability to output the API changes in a
JSON format [1] in addition to the existing TXT format.  I did this so I
could use this output to script the formatting of the respective release
notes.

Today I finally got around to releasing the code I had written to produce
the 'API Changes' [2] and 'Fixed Issues' [3] sections of the release notes,
so I figured I would let people know about it.

Please feel free to offer suggestions or open Pull Requests if you would
like changes.

Cheers,

Will

[1] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1658
[2]
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.9.0/api-changes.html
[3]
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.9.0/fixed_issues.html

Re: ACS Release Note Generation

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.
The scripts are very useful. Thanks for all the hardwork Will and
Pierre-Luc.

~ Rajani

http://cloudplatform.accelerite.com/