Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Irene Huang <ih...@acegain.com> on 2002/02/26 03:01:15 UTC

XSL/XML portlet or servlet?

Hi,

I am using Jetspeed1.3a2, and I need to use xsl to transform xml into html
to display my searching result.

Goal: have several servlets/portlets on same page without refresh all
servlets/portlets when doing another new search

my servlet:
try{
	Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource("http://localhost:9090/jetspeed/xsl/i.xsl"));
	transformer.transform(new
StreamSource("http://localhost:9090/jetspeed/xsl/i.xml"), new
StreamResult(out));

} catch(Exception e) { e.printStackTrace();}

Q: How should I get the same result but using portlet API? Will it be better
than servlet?

Q: There's a few xsl file in <jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/xsl
     What is the use? Is there a example related to these xsl files?

Q: I have several servlets on the same page, it will refresh every servlets
every time I click "submit" in one of them.
     Is it possible that I can keep all servlets' result  when I do a new
search in one servlet? (will using portlets solve the problem?)

Thank you for your advice :)

Irene

RE: Tomcat/Jetspeed script Question

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Depends on how you build your project.
If you are building the Jetspeed source itself, there are some targets
for doing that: hotdeploy, install

For your own webapp based on Jetspeed, recommend the procedure described
here:
http://www.bluesunrise.com/jetspeed-docs/PortletHowTo.htm

Posted by Anthony Smith <an...@fedex.com>.