Posted to women@apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2005/08/19 23:07:37 UTC

Rough statistics for women at Apache?

I know there is no formal data, but I  am curious, does anyone have any rough idea regarding...

       	* The percentage of Apache committers or contributors  that are women.
        * The projects where there are a significant number of  women contributors.
        * Other measurable indicators of women's involvement.
	  Jean mentioned ApacheCon attendance.

It would be interesting to hear now and then see where we stand a year from now.

I dare say Derby is one of the most progressive projects in this area with two (16%) women committers and many women contributing to the project.  Most of us came with the code, however #:)

Kathey