Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Pietro Biondo <pi...@bluewin.ch> on 2008/10/26 18:10:45 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Stage Plugin 1.0-alpha-1

The follwoing command creates a zipfile of the source repository and copies
it to the target repository.

solaris_x86> mvn -e stage:copy -Dsource="file:/wwl/bip/.m2/repository"
-Dtarget="http://wbuscczs01:8443/nexus/content/repositories/stage"
-DtargetRepositoryId=nexus-deploy -Dversion=2.0.3

But then it dies with the following Error:
.
.
.
[INFO] Downloading file from the source repository:
/jdom/jdom/1.0/jdom-1.0.pom.sha1
[INFO] Downloading file from the source repository:
/jdom/jdom/1.0/jdom-1.0.pom
[INFO] Downloading file from the source repository:
/jdom/jdom/1.0/jdom-1.0.jar.sha1
[INFO] Downloading file from the source repository:
/jdom/jdom/1.0/jdom-1.0.jar
[INFO] Downloading file from the source repository:
/doxia/doxia-sink-api/1.0-alpha-4/doxia-sink-api-1.0-alpha-4.pom.sha1
[INFO] Downloading file from the source repository:
/doxia/doxia-sink-api/1.0-alpha-4/doxia-sink-api-1.0-alpha-4.pom
[INFO] Downloading metadata from the target repository.
[INFO] Creating zip file.
[INFO] Creating rename script.
[INFO] Uploading zip file to the target repository.
[INFO] Unpacking zip file on the target machine.
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.LightweightHttpWagon cannot be
cast to org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.jsch.ScpWagon
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.LightweightHttpWagon cannot be cast to
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.jsch.ScpWagon
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.stage.DefaultRepositoryCopier.copy(DefaultRepositoryCopier.java:252)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.stage.CopyRepositoryMojo.execute(CopyRepositoryMojo.java:93)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:443)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:493)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:463)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:224)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
        at
        at
        at
        at
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 7 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sun Oct 26 17:49:07 MET 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 20M/134M
[INFO]

PS: The security on the nexus server is off.

Do you know this problem?

Regards
Pietro

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Stage Plugin 1.0-alpha-1

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
oh, so this is a straight copy?, if so you can try  wagon:upload
feature, but seen you need load it up to nexus thru http you will need
to go thru http webdav.  I dont know if nexus can handle that. Feel
free to give wagon:upload goal a try.

-Dan

Posted by Pietro Biondo <pi...@bluewin.ch>.
Hello Dan Tran

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
I have a plexus component  to merge repos together, it is out
curiosity  to see of wagon-maven-plugin can replace maven-stage-plugin
to support more target and source types,

However this work is not surfaced to be a mojo yet. And Since I am not
directly use
this baby for my work yet, i dont plan to release it until some user
show some kind of interest. So Ping me if you plan to use it.

I also note that Pietro is trying merge a local repository and a
remote repo via nexus' http.
This will not work until mercury-wagon is ready.

-D

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Pietro, the stage plugin tries to use scp to upload and unpack the tar,
then copy it over, which means it won't work with Nexus or other repo
managers.

[...]

a:39)
        at
Impl.java:25)