Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Amato Massimiliano (TLAB)" <Ma...@tradinglab.unicredit.it> on 2004/02/06 14:34:32 UTC

Maven and J2ee Project

Hello,

I am new to Mavan and i am trying to convert my Ant build files into maven.

The problem i am facing is that at the moment i have a WAR that is not included in the EAR (as almost every example does)  so i wanted to know if someone has ever found a solution to this:

Let's suppose i have an EJB sub project that produces a jar (ejb) that is then included in the ear before being published in Jboss in my example.

Then I have tomcat on another machine that need to call the App Server. Do I have to include all the jar (ejb) in the war or is it possible to deploy just the home, remote, Business delegate and DTO object there?

I think that there is not an already build plugin for this (wow.. i have to write my 1st one!!!) but how i should write it? I was thinking on having a postGoal on the EJB subproject install goal that store in the repository also the subProject_Service.jar file

Is that right?

Thanks a ton
Max

Re: Maven and J2ee Project

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
If you want to add a war or ejb jar in an ear, you must add this block in
your dependency decleration

<properties>
    <ear.bundle>true</ear.bundle>
</properties>

You can see this tutorial (in portuguese) for ear application :
http://hotwork.sourceforge.net/hotwork/manual/maven/maven-user-guide.html

Emmanuel