Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by St...@gidi.it on 2006/02/15 12:34:05 UTC

Tomcat 5.5 Deply Multi-Servlet

Hi,
i upgrade recently my tomcat from 4.1 to 5.5.
I have some problem on deploy.
My application is made of about 200 servlet.

In the old tomcat version i specify a <context> element in server.xml and
all works in the right way.

In the new version this configuration doesn't works.

I try to modify the web.xml in folder WEB-INF.
The question is: in file web.xml i have to specify all the 200 servlet
by element <servlet> and <servlet-mapping>
or is there a smarter way to do that?

sTe

Re: Tomcat 5.5 Deply Multi-Servlet

Posted by Michael Echerer <me...@tngtech.com>.
Stefano.Massera@gidi.it wrote:
> i upgrade recently my tomcat from 4.1 to 5.5.
> I have some problem on deploy.
> My application is made of about 200 servlet.
>
> In the old tomcat version i specify a <context> element in server.xml and
> all works in the right way.
>
> In the new version this configuration doesn't works.
>
> I try to modify the web.xml in folder WEB-INF.
> The question is: in file web.xml i have to specify all the 200 servlet
> by element <servlet> and <servlet-mapping>
> or is there a smarter way to do that?
I guess you relied upon the so called invoker servlet. In later 4.1.x
versions it is commented out in the default conf/web.xml as it shouldn't
be used for production sites. Same is true for 5.0.x and 5.5.x versions.

However you might enable it again as you have an uncommon amount of
servlets compared to others using front-controller servlet style web
frameworks with just a single servlet.

> sTe
Cheers,
Michael

P.S.
from conf/web.xml -> just enable it
<!--
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
          org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet
        </servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>debug</param-name>
            <param-value>0</param-value>