Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Mark <el...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/19 15:42:44 UTC

starting a new project

How does one go about starting a new project under jakarta commons?  I
have been discussing the development of a tool that analyzes and
determines the file types of files similar to the Unix  'file'
utility.

Thank you.

RE: starting a new project

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Just make sure your project uses the Apache license v2.0 from the start.
That'll make transition easier.  You can get more information on that here:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/

Posted by Mark <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: starting a new project

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.