Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Morsberger <da...@home.com> on 2001/12/21 03:51:00 UTC

Development Setup

I need advice on setting up Apache 1.3.22 and Tomcat 3.3 to support multiple
/ independent developers. I have seen it mentioned on this but I have not
seen any details. We need the Apache / Tomcat connection because our system
uses html, Perl CGI, JSP, and Servlets.

Our initial attempt is:

 - Use UserDir (~username -> ~username/public_html) in Apache.
 - use mod_jk handler
 - Setup a JkMount for each user (JkMount ~username/*.jsp ajpusername and
JkMount ~username/servlet/* ajpusername). This is done with a Include
directive in the httpd.conf file.
 - Each user has an ajp13 worker defined in the JkWorkers file with their
own port number (ajpusername.port = userport). One global workers file.
 - Each user has their own version of Tomcat and server.xml that starts
ajp13 on their port (userport).
 - Each version of Tomcat has an app-username.xml file that creates a
~username context.

Is there an easier way? They is a lot of things that need to be done to add
a new user.

Thanks,
Dave